Saturday, November 8, 2008

and we don't even own a kitchen aid

I've been wanting to start making homemade bread for a really long time... Jon eats a TON of it, the bread we buy is expensive, this way I know exactly what is in it, etc., etc. It was way too hot to use our oven for a long time, but last week we tried out a honey whole wheat recipe and after perfecting it this week, I don't know if we'll ever buy bread again--it's just that good. The dough only takes about 15 minutes to make and the hard part is waiting for it to rise... I almost can't stand that anticipation! All I do is mix it with my hands and the ball of goodness turns into the best, dense, just-the-right-amount-of-honey-sweetness bread. It's a winner.






Now I can't wait for after Thanksgiving to try out the wheat grinder my mom tested and bought off craigslist in Everett.

No comments:

Post a Comment