Thursday, April 17, 2014

learning to communicate

 Just a little while ago, Penn very deliberately pointed, all 5 fingers of his hand splayed enthusiastically, to our engagement photo that sits on top of the piano. I obliged and gave him the picture frame, and he sat and loved on it for about 5 minutes before moving onto the next item on his agenda. I love this stage of my baby learning how to communicate his wants and feeling so triumphant when we understand. It's so rewarding (on his end too, I'm sure), to see him so happy because of something he's figured out intellectually. I get so sad that Penn is not a tiny baby anymore, but so thrilled that in this stage, he is growing in ways that show his true personality- affectionate, daring (with a tiny bit of caution), motivated, mischievous, loving, funny, and smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment